08 September 2010

Gender Studies

OK, now I’m going to offend Floyd “I have a naturally high testosterone level”  Landis  and get myself barred from every gender studies program in the world.  But it will be a lot of fun.  Here goes:

All cyclists are, or should have been born, women because



  • We absolutely must have the right shoes.
  • We absolutely must have the right bag.
  • Not having the right outfit can ruin our day.
  • We accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!
  • We know that titanium is sooo 1996.
  • We spend more to get less.
  • We justify maxing out credit cards and raiding 401 K’s by saying, “I bought it on sale!”
  • We can never be rich or thin enough. (Don’t I know about this one!)
  • No matter what we do, we end up with “helmet hair.” 
  • Our spouses/partners/loved ones simply cannot understand.
Trust me: I know!

2 comments:

  1. Are you saying that all male roadies are secretly women? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velouria: Well, look at how much care they put into coordinating their cycling outfits. And look at where all of those years of cycling brought me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete