16 December 2012

Color For Today

Some rainy days are cheerful, with raindrops pattering against leaves and windows, and  a soft hiss rising from the plume of a spinning wheel.

Today has not been such a day.  It's just been dreary:  The rain simply drones on, and even though houses are festooned with holiday decoration, somehow there seems to be scarcely a hint of light.

So, I though I might cheer you (and myself) up by offering some color.  This can be seen just a few blocks from my apartment:





  
The owners of the house have put on an impressive display every year I've been in this neighborhood.  Here's  one side of the display:






Some things in it have been constant, like this lovely young lady:






And then there are the concessions to the times:






Tosca simply can't get enough:





After that, we did the ride I described yesterday and, from the Jersey City waterfront, watched daylight giving way to twilight and the lights of the New York Skyline:








1 comment:

  1. The last picture of city skyline is very nice. Scenes of NYC like this always stir emotions of excitement and wonder in me.

    ReplyDelete