15 September 2013

Everyone's Riding Except Me

"Under the weather" is such a strange expression.

But, for the past week, it's how I responded to anyone who asked how I felt.  That, even though my respiratory system remained murkier and even more toxic than the Gowanus Canal through the week's meteorological cycles:   the mid-summer-like heat and humidity that cooked us until Thursday, that afternoon and evening's storm, and the autumnally crisp air and clear skies that have reigned ever since.

All I've managed to do, apart from a few errands, is two hours on Tosca, my fixie, late this afternoon.

It seems as if everyone else in the world has been riding a bike.  I know I should be happy for them.  I just wish I could be one of them, even if I don't plan on riding with them.



2 comments:

  1. It seems as though all of my favorite cyclists have fallen on hard times. You're ailing. Velouria has been under the weather in dank, windy Ireland. And then I read that Pamela Blaylock was hospitalized after being struck by a car. It's just so sad. Here's to better times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MT--Thank you. I think I'm getting better.

    ReplyDelete