29 January 2015

Taking It All With You

Writing my post on Monday got me to thinking about the ways bikes can be made into utility vehicles.  I'm not talking only about riding from place to place.  I mean using bikes as real, viable forms of transport.

That, of course, means carrying things while riding.  There are many ways.  I've tried just about all of them.  I still use just about all of them at one time or another.   My method depends on what I'm carrying, how far (or how long) I have to carry it and which bike I ride when carrying it.

Laura Lukitsch's video shows a few of those methods.  Best of all, she shows urban riders who are not racers, hipsters or messengers using their bikes as the versatile urban transport vehicles they are, and can be:



3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I did not see anybody transporting a feisty, 100lb Labrador Retriever. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention that, Steve...
      http://totalwomenscycling.com/news/labs-tour-65-year-old-woman-dog-prepare-cycle-5000-miles-charity-42796/#hyWKeorWqx3wbTwW.97

      Delete
  2. Hmm...If John Steinbeck had been a cyclist, what might "Travels With Charley" have been like?

    ReplyDelete