22 January 2015

Why Do Women Ride?

Why do we--women--ride?

I came across this infographic that shows some of the most common reasons.  What I found most interesting are that 78 percent of female riders in the Seattle area ride their bikes to run errands, and that 49 percent of all bike trips in the US are less than three miles.  

From Velojoy.com


As the infographic says about that last statistic,  "Women ride because it's smart."

I find that comment perceptive and very funny.  Just today, I remarked to a friend, "I did a lot of stupid things when I was living as a man."  She said, "Well, I'm sure you did some smart things, too."

Yes, I did at least one.  And it's something I still do.

Aren't you glad I didn't ask, "What do women want?"

 

2 comments:

  1. Don't most female motorists also motor less than three miles most of the time? Certainly that is the case of my new next door neighbor and her SUV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve--I read somewhere that the average car trip in the US is less than three miles. I guess it shows that sometimes we can be just as misguided as the other 49 percent of the population.

    ReplyDelete