04 July 2016

Happy Fourth Of July. Be Safe!

I am going to share a secret with you:  It's my birthday.  Really!  

Oh, yeah, it's also the birthday of the country in which I was born, raised and have spent most of my life.  Whether or not you celebrate--or whether it's just another day wherever you are, I hope you enjoy it.  And, please, don't try this:


From World of Bikes, Iowa City



I mean, maybe I don't do enough night riding. But don't you think that's going just a bit far to get get a good bicycle lighting system--one that will actually allow you to be seen by drivers?  

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like having a birthday on a national holiday to help you remember it!

    As a child a friend was told that the fireworks on his birthday were because he was special...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday (yesterday)!


    Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wolf and Coline--Thank you!

    One Fourth--the one I turned four, I believe--my family went to Coney Island for the fireworks. My grandfather and my Uncle Sonny (a born jokester) said that they told evryone it was my birthday, and the spectacle was for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocket power?? That mechanical doping in the Tour de France is getting pretty blatant.
    Happy birthday, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MT--Thank you! If the TDF doesn't clamp down on rockets, where will the doping end?

    ReplyDelete