04 July 2023

Fabulous Fourth

Happy American Independence Day!

Of course, if you're in the USA, you simply say, "Happy Fourth!"

With that in mind, I am sharing what has to be one of the best annoncements of a 4th of July ride I've ever seen.





The ride was actually scheduled for the First, which was Saturday.  There were really two rides:  a "long" loop of 68 miles (a bit more than a "metric century") and a "short" one of 35 miles.  Both  took riders through the environs of Tryon, North Carolina.

I am going for a ride:  I haven't decided to where, or how long or on which bike.   With that in mind, I'll let you on another part of my journey--if you can keep a secret. (So why am I mentioning it on a blog that's had a couple million views? you ask.  Fair enough.)  You see, today, I'm celebrating something else:  my birthday.  It's not a round-number birthday, but it's significant in another way.  I'll let you guess at what it is.  All I'll say is that I am still in the middle of my life, i.e., in midlife, as long as I don't know when it will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment