04 January 2018

Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor Wind...But Any Combination Of Those Things?

Now I'm really glad I went for a ride, however brief, yesterday.



According to the weather forecast, there's more on the way--snow, wind and cold.  In fact, absolute temperatures of near O degrees F, and wind-chill temperatures of -20F are predicted for the wee hours of tomorrow morning.  

I don't think it's been so cold in at least a couple of years.  That, in and of itself, wouldn't deter me from riding.  But with winds gusting to 60MPH (100 KPH)--at times blowing the snow horizontally--I don't feel much incentive to go out. In fact, I'm not sure I'd ride even if I had a mountain or fat-tire bike.

I'm such a sissy, right?

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with being prudent! I'm with you regarding staying safer by leaving the bike at home until conditions improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie--Thank you for your encouragement. Had I been younger (and my old self), I probably would have been more worried about being a "sissy".

    ReplyDelete