02 May 2019

Bicycles, Pedestrians and Stormwater

When I wrote for a local newspapers, I experienced the same frustration incurred by other journalistic scribes:  I wrote the articles, but someone else wrote the headlines.  So my carefully-crafted creations were cratered by careless hacks who tacked on  non-sequiturs and puns worse than any you've seen on this blog!

So I feel for whoever wrote the Kirkland Reporter article bearing this title:

Bicycle, Pedestrian and Stormwater Improvements on Kirkland's Market Street begin this week.



When I saw that, I wondered:  How does one improve stormwater?  And how does one improve stormwater and a pedestrian and bicycle at the same time?  

For all I know, it might be an idea that changes the course of history.  Or it might be one of those loopy ideas young people are coming up with now recreational marijuana is legal in Washington State!

2 comments:

  1. "Headless corpse in a topless bar" comes to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike--I remember that one. At least it had some relationship to the story and was, well, creative.

    ReplyDelete