18 October 2020

"Real" Men...

Sometimes I feel the Reagan administration had truly arrived when Real Men Don't Eat Quiche was published.

Of course, Bruce Feirstein wrote it tongue-in-cheek. (After all, a real man never would have written such a book, right?) It spawned all sorts of "real men don't" and "real men do" lists.

So what does--or doesn't--a "real" man ride?





Far be it from me to tell you what a "real" man needs, or doesn't, need.  While "real" men might not need motors, more than a few dudes I know absolutely revere pistons.


(Tell me "I'm in Love With My Car" isn't a masturbation song.)


Now, I will state with absolute certainty that the sentiment expressed on the T-shirt is right. Moreover (Would a "real" man ever use such a word?), I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that real men ride steel frames.   

As if I know about "real" men....    

2 comments:

  1. Thankfully, Reagan never tried politicizing pop culture the way at least one recent President has done. OTOH, Reagan's first thought about motorless transport would be horses up on the ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve--So true! Who ever thought the Reagan Administration would seem like "the good ol' days?" I think he didn't try to demonize pop culture because, frankly, he was wholly unaware of it. The Orange One, on the other hand, has a completely outdated and distorted view of it.

    ReplyDelete