14 February 2021

I Love You As Much As I Love My Bike. Really, I Do!

 One of the more felicitious times in my life was when I had a partner who enjoyed cycling.  I didn't have to coax her to ride; sometimes she beckoned me onto my bike.




From cyclelicio


But some of you are not quite as fortunate.  I've "been there, done that," too:  I had a spouse and a couple of paramours who not only didn't ride, but who were convinced that my cycling was "stealing" time from them--or, worse, that I was going on rides to see someone else with whom I was having an affair.


From Bike Nashbar


No matter what I said or did, I couldn't convince them that I was choosing my bike over them.  

I'm single now.  I don't mind, for any number of reasons:




Happy Valentine's Day!


(If that last image best represents this Valentine's Day for you, here's a song for you.  It was released on Valentine's Day.)

2 comments:

  1. LOL, great post, I am so fortunate as my lovely wife Jo loves riding her bicycle as much as I do! We've created a system of where if I get ahead I wait at hill tops and corners for her and we keep going, we've been friends since 1967 and married since 1980. Although no Valentines Day Ride as it's a blamy -5 F without the wind chill today outside here in So. Colorado! :( Happy Valentines Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.J.--I am happy that you have a partner who loves bike riding as much as you do. Congratulations on your long relationship and marriage!

    ReplyDelete