09 September 2021

More?

Just what we need...more rain!





A week after Ida dumped more on us than we normally get in a month, the "remnants" of some other storm--I've stopped keeping track of the names--washed up our way.  It doesn't look nearly as bad as Ida, but I think many of us feel about rain the way we felt about smoke, loud noises or plane crashes in the days after 9/11.

The weather reports say the rain might stop later this afternoon or tonight. If it does, I'll go for a ride, even if it's only a short local trip.  I might go even if it doesn't rain as heavily as it is now:  Barely any wind has blown, so far.



Oh, well.  As long as we don't experience floods again, I won't complain--not too much, anyway! 





1 comment:

  1. I contacted a friend who lives in the Philadelphia suburbs, saying that I hope he had dodged Ida's wrath. He said that one basement window had sprung a leak, and he has to replace some old carpeting. But the tornado warnings were a bit unnerving. Here in the West, we've had weeks of triple-digit temperatures, the fires are still burning, and we've been breathing smoke since June. Bring on autumn!

    ReplyDelete