04 July 2022

Wheels--And Shoes--For The Parade

Today, the 4th of July, is Independence Day in the USA.

I've been following the hearings of the committee investigating the Capitol riot of 6 January 2021.  While I admire the courage of some who have testified--like Cassidy Hutchinson and the Georgia poll workers--I still wonder how long this country--or to be more accurate, its people--will be free from those who tried to take it from us.  The really scary thing is that they weren't foreign invaders. 

On a lighter note, lots of things will be festooned with flags, or at least decorated with its colors.  They include, of course, bicycles, some of which will roll amidst parades.

When I saw this, 


                      Image from San Francisco Bike Party



I wondered:  Were the shoes decorated to go with the bike, or vice versa?

Oh, and are those shoes compatible with cleats?


P.S. Today is my birthday. I won't tell you my age. Let's just say that I'm younger than this country.

2 comments: