03 November 2016

Seeing The Signs

Caterina, Charlie (I), Candice, Charlie (II), Max and Marlee.

I have loved them all.  I miss Caterina, both Charlies and Candice.  At least I have Max and Marlee.

They all did, and gave, everything I ever could have wanted from the likes of them.  Well, all except one thing.

I never could get any of them to do this:





For that matter, I've never been able to persuade any cat to ride with me.  

A few years ago, on New Years' morning, I stopped for a cat I saw and who looked almost pleadingly at me.  As soon as I got off my bike, he darted to my ankles and rubbed himself against me.  I picked him up.  For a moment, he curled on my shoulder and I tried getting on my bike, figuring I could start off the new year by rescuing a feline friend.  But he was having none of it:  As soon as I lifted my leg over the bike, he dropped himself off my chest and landed on his feet.

I tried a similar rescue about a year ago, on another cat who greeted me.  It ended much like the first one I tried:  When I got on the bike, the cat decided to go airborne.

Perhaps those felines--and my own--saw this sign:




Well, now I know what they're doing while I'm riding!  Hmm...Maybe that's the reason they won't ride with me. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like one of those cyclists might be getting ready to re-mount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillip--In the dim, dark past, I promised my readers that all of my posts and all of the comments I post would be strictly about cycling.

    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were talking about mounting a bicycle! ;-)

    Seriously: I love your comment.

    ReplyDelete