02 July 2011

Day Is Done

Last night, I stayed up much later than I'd planned.  There was a technical glitch, and I got a bunch of angry e-mails from students and a couple more phone messages from the technical school in which I taught a couple of classes this year.  It turns out neither the college nor the students got the grades.  For some students, it's not merely an inconvenience; it can actually affect whether or not they can register for some of the courses they need, or get financial aid.


And I got another message from the college telling me that I hadn't taken some online training course in sensitive communications (a subject about which I know absolutely nothing) or some such thing.  When I opened the site for that course, which is not maintained by the school itself but by an outside contractor, it crashed my computer.  Of course their IT department denies that their software would ever do any such thing to my computer.


So, after scrambling to fix those things (I'm still not finished with the course), I got to bed much later than I'd intended.  That meant, of course, that I got up later than I'd planned.  But at least at this time of year, in this part of the world, you can get away with that, as days are longer.  In fact, it turned out rather nicely.  I'm talking about the day as well as my ride. 




And now, appropriately enough, I'm listening to Nick Drake's "Day Is Done."

No comments:

Post a Comment