04 December 2020

Santa Cruz Bicycle Recall

I know I shouldn't make light of a bike recall--especially if the reason for it is a problem that could cause serious injury.

But--whatever this says about me--I had a little laugh when I heard that Santa Cruz Bicycles is recalling some of its aluminum frames.

Why?  According to the company, some of their aluminum frames and rear triangles have a defect that can cause them to bend or buckle.

Now, I don't want anyone to get hurt because a frame or fork buckled under him or her.  And I am glad Santa Cruz bicycles is trying to make things right for their customers.

Still, I thought it was kind of funny that frames shaped like the ones in the recall are being replaced because they might bend.



I mean, someone not familiar with the bikes wouldn't know they were bent, would they?

The bikes and frames in question were sold from June 2019 to October 2020.

1 comment:

  1. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. carbon mtb rim

    ReplyDelete