04 November 2021

Laid Up

This morning I felt as if I'd been struck by a train.  Everything in my body ached, and I was as exhausted as if I hadn't slept at all.  So I didn't ride this afternoon, as I planned.  Instead, I spent much of today in bed. At least Marlee is happy:  She can curl up on me to her heart's delight.

Last night, I received my COVID booster.  I felt no ill effects after the first two doses, so I don't know why I feel the way I do.  It may have to do with another vaccination, for shingles, I received at the same time.

I've ingested my average annual consumption--two tablets--of Ibuprofen.  Perhaps I'll feel better tomorrow.





 

2 comments:

  1. i can pretty much assure you that it's the shingles vax that's doing you in. The COVID shots were a piece of cake- only a sore spot from the injection- pulling the bandaid off was the worst part...the 1st shingles shot left me achy for a day, but the 2nd shingles shot put me off the game for about 3 days. Still better than having shingles! i recommend a heating pad and an unambitious schedule for the next day or two.

    Had the 'flu shot today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike--I suspected as much. You and others have confirmed that suspicion. I feel better now, but thanks for the heads-up about the second shingles shot. I had my flu shot in September and suffered no ill effects.

    ReplyDelete