12 October 2022

Will He Give Them The Freedom To Be Themselves?

During my ride to St. Augustine on Sunday, I realized who is cleaning up the mess Hurricane Ian left:




I don't doubt they are still at work, even if it's taken a toll on their relationship




or detracted from the joy he could bring to some human




I have to hand it to those folks, though:  They have a sense of humor about themselves.



Like so much humor, however, it has its dark origins:




Am I the only one who saw a gun in the Ron De Santis campaign sign?




Of course it's a stylized map of Florida. I can't help but to think, though, that its creators stylized it as they did to fit De Santis'--and many of his supporters'--interpretation of "free." As in:  You have a right to as many guns as you want, whenever you want them.  But not to terminate a pregnancy, or any sort of healthcare or education, or a living wage.  Oh, and if you're a teacher or in the LGBTQ rainbow, you have no more rights to, well, anything.

If De Santis is re-elected, I suspect I may see more "skeleton crews" if and when I ride in Florida again.

No comments:

Post a Comment