23 May 2012

Did You Catch That? Do You Wish You Hadn't?

When I was writing for a newspaper, we referred to some days as "slow news days."  That's when we'd publish stories about the spouse of someone who was elected president in some country none of our readers had ever heard of.  Or, for fun, we might put in a story about a duck crossing at the foot of a skyscraper.  You get the idea.

It was common knowledge that Wednesday was usually the slowest news day.

Now, what I write about in this blog isn't always news.  So what do I call a day like this.  "Slow blog day" doesn't sound quite right.

In any event, I'm going to take this post to present something that might make you chuckle or groan, or both, and is utterly inconsequential.  Here goes:  Along my ride to Point Lookout on Saturday, I came across a restaurant in Long Beach that has, possibly, the worst name in the world--in the English-speaking world,anyway:


Fear not:  There are better posts coming!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it'd make a "ten worst" list, but it IS pretty bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I think it should be the bread and NOT what your wearing,unless of course it has an amusing crust.

    ReplyDelete