05 April 2017

Skyline, Invisible

Have you ever wondered what the Manhattan skyline looks like when you can't see it?

That was not an attempt to be cute, clever, ironic or oxymoronic.  It's also not an introduction to a post about going blind, an experience I hope never to have!


Rather, it is about my ride to work this morning:






That's what I saw ahead of me as I pedaled across the RFK Memorial Bridge.  Even if the weather forecast hadn't warned about fog, I wouldn't have been surprised to see it, given the heavy rains in the wee hours of yesterday morning, the showers that continued on-and-off through the rest of yesterday, and this morning's heavy gray sky. 



The skyline was invisible, but the Hell Gate Bridge was not:





When Hell Gate can be seen clearly, but the skyline is shrouded in fog, what kind of a day will it be?


So far, it's been good.  I think it had something to do with riding to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment