19 March 2019

Spanning The Seasons

Last week, daylight savings time began.  That means more daylight at the end of the day.  And, as the days are getting longer, I can now take a late-day ride before it gets dark.

Yesterday's jaunt took me through Queens and Brooklyn to Coney Island and the Verrazzano Narrrows.




I approached a great bridge, one that spans a strait of the Atlantic Ocean separating Brooklyn from Staten Island.  The Spring equinox arrives tomorrow.  Perhaps I am riding toward a bridge between two seasons.  


2 comments:

  1. The top photo of the bridge is a very good picture. The angle of the concrete at the bottom...the angle of the bridge at the 2/3rd s point of the frame, and the angle of the clouds in the sky. Very well composed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David--Thank you. I regard it as a kind of gift: I just snapped it from the seat of my bicycle!

    ReplyDelete