02 June 2011

One Year Today

I can hardly believe it:  One year ago today, I made my first post on this blog.  


It's a strange thing:  I'm still figuring out what this blog is really "about."  I mean, I'm writing about bicycles and bicycling, and about rides past and present, in my middle age.  And I started this blog nearly a year after having my genital reconstruction surgery (what used to be known as the "sex change operation").  So, I'm guessing, as I did then, that I have a point of view that, if it is not unique, is at least one that not too many other people have.  As to what, exactly, that means, I'm still finding out.

7 comments:

  1. It's unique! Your narratives have a mix of qualities that I can't even put down in words. They make me nostalgic for a past that isn't mine, for one thing. And they are genuinely informative.

    I love reading your blog. Happy 1 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 year! I'm glad to have found your blog and learn all the stuff about bikes I know nothing about. I might actually remember something:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justine, Happy one year! The stories you tell through your experience strike a chord with me and has even brought a tear or two to my eye. Sorry, I know, I'm such a sap. I've only been reading your blog for a few months, but I want to thank you for sharing your bike knowledge. I admit, I'm one of those people who in the beginning just preferred to ride bikes, but through reading your blog, and Velouria's, I've developed an interest in all aspects of a bicycle and learning as much as I can. Look forward to reading more and here's to wishing you another successful year of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Velouria, Big Oak, sassy, Steve and Sue--and everyone else reading this--a big "Thank You!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Justine - i will read you blogs when ihave more time. I am sure we,ll be exchanging news. I too am a woman in her middle youth, always on a saddle (but not since Jan as Mercian has got my bike in Reno - can u imagine??!!). Yesterday, I got confused about what is a vertical tube on a bike again (look it up on wiki)Two days ago, i got so obsessed with the idea that i might have lost the whole skill of cycling that i took my daughter's bike out and got on it to see whether i could still push off and ride. Luckily i could - relief!
    Anyway, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete