05 February 2017

If You Had This, Would You Care About The Super Bowl?

Today is Super Bowl Sunday.

It's been years since I actually paid attention to what happens between commercials and performances by has-been entertainers--I mean, the game.  (That I haven't referred to it as The Game should tell you something.)


It's in Houston this year.  I have to admit it's been a while since I've been there, so it might be very different from my memories of it:  a city that seemed to be bigger than a few states and countries I've visited, hotter and more humid than the most brutal summer days in New York and with less mass transportation than on one block of the Big Apple.  In fact, it reminded me of the stereotype of LA in that everything was connected--by freeways.




Anyway, I see they have a bike share program, called B-cycle.    For the past week, shares have been free for those who reserved.  After the Super Bowl, it will offer "Bike Share Free Fridays" through February and March.




Now, if you could go for a ride and see this, why would you want to watch the performances--of the athletes or the entertainers?




2 comments:

  1. Actually, Houston isn't too hot - as long as you go there in February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve--I have to confess that I was there during the summer--and under other less-than-desirable circumstances.

    ReplyDelete