25 July 2018

I'll Be Back, I Hope!

All things must come to pass.

Yeah, I know.  But I really don't want this trip to end.  Now I'll lapse into another cliche, this one from a living person:  I'll be back!

At least, I hope I will.  In any event, late the other day I returned to Siam Reap, Cambodia.  Yesterday I said "goodbye"--at least, I hope, for now--in the most appropriate way I could:  with one last look at the Angkor Wat.



It still functions as a Buddhist temple, so I wasn't surprised to see a mini-service at one of the shrines



or groups of novitiate monks walking around.


Even though this is a sacred site, the folks in charge know it's important to keep the king--and tourists--entertained:



Since I won't be able to see much besides clouds once my flight is en route, I made a point of giving myself another aerial view



and one from the ground--or, at least the second mezzanine.  After all, you haven't been in a place until you've put your feet (yes, bike tire treads count) on the ground.  



Or touch something or someone you never could have touched at home.  That's one of the things that has made this trip special.

2 comments:

  1. Justine, Thanks for sharing your trip to this beautiful and enchanting country. And also for your tidbits of information that help me appreciate different lands and cultures. (I'm Chris P now to avoid confusion lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris--Thank you! It was quite the trip.

    ReplyDelete